Monday, June 25, 2012

Sayonara No Natsu


Hikaru umi ni kasumu fune wa
(A ship veiled in the shining sea)
Sayonara no kiteki nokoshimasu
(Leaves behind a steam of goodbye)
Yurui saka wo orite yukeba
(If I went down that loose hill,)
Natsu iro no kaze ni aeru kashira
(would I meet the summer coloured wind?)



Watashi no ani sore wa melody
(My love is a melody)
Takaku hikuu utau no
(which I sing high and low)
Watashi no ai sore wa kamome
(My love is a seagull)
Takaku hikuku tobu no
(that flies high and low)
*Do 2x*

Yuuhi no naka yonde mitara
(If I tried to call out in the sunset,)
Yasahii anata ni aeru kashira
(I wonder if I'd encounter the gentle you)



Dareka ga hiku piano no oto
(The sound of a piano that somebody plays)
Uminari mitaini kikoemasu
(very much resembles the rumbling of the sea)
Osoi gogo wo yukikau hito
(Do the people come and go late in the afternoon)
Natsu iro no yume wo hakobu kashira
(carry a summer coloured dream too?)


Watashi no ai sore wa daiari
(My love is a diary)
Hibi no peji tsuzuru no
(that spells the pages of my life)
Watashi no ai sore wa kobune
(My love is a boat)
Sora no umi wo yuku no
(that goes throughout the empty sea)


Yuuhi no naka furikaereba
(If I looked back in the sunset,)
Anata wa watashi wo sagasu kashira
(I wonder if you'd be looking for me)




Sanpo michi ni yureru kigi wa
(On the promenade shaking trees)
Sayonara no kage wo otoshimasu
(cast shadows of good-bye)
Furui chaperu kazami no tori
(Can the old chaperu and chicken weather vane)
Natsu iro no machi wa mieru kashira
(be seen in the summer coloured town?)
Kinou no ai sore wa namida
(Yesterday's love is nothing more but tears)
Yagate kawaki kieru no
(they will soon dry out and disappear)



Ashita no ai sore wa refuran
(Tomorrow's love is a mere refrain) 
Owari no nai kotoba
(words that have no end)
Yuuhi no naka meguri aeba
(If we met by chance in the sunset,)
Anata wa watashi wo daku kashira
(I wonder if you'd embrace me.)


Performed by Aoi Teshima

Composed by Satoshi Takebe, Up On Poppy Hill OST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HrnaVzqRfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxhIM_EfhM


Music is a means of giving form to our inner feelings, without attaching them to events or objects in the world. ~ George Santayana


  ♫justchewitlikeabubblegum
When we are not afraid to show our feelings in a song.

No comments: